Launching Bright Futures Today!
FAN Fun Day
Family Autism Network
Sunday, April 19, 2015
11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Click here to view the flyer.
Click here to register.
Autism Awareness Month
April is National Autism Awareness Month. Throughout the month of April there will be special opportunities at Hollywood Central Elementary to educate our staff and students about Autism. Autism is a complex neurobiological disorder that inhibits a person's ability to communicate and develop social relationships, and is often accompanied by behavioral challenges.
Did you know ...
· Autism now affects 1 in 68 children (1 in 42 boys and 1 in 1989 girls)
· Autism prevalence figures are growing
· Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
· Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
· Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
· There is no medical detection or cure for autism
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention have called autism a national public health crisis. Chances are you know someone with Autism.
Your awareness makes a difference in their lives and the lives of their families.
Help Us Help Our School
Did you know there’s an easy way to help us raise money for our school – for books, reading programs and anything else that can use extra funding?Read more...